Every communication project starts with answering a few basic but important questions. Why do I want to communicate about this project, what goals do I want to achieve, who exactly is my target audience and how can I best reach these people? And most importantly, what should these people do with my information, how should it change them?
Whether you want to share the results of your research with an audience, get input from stakeholders to further your project, change the behaviour of people with a campaign or convince them to change their attitude towards a topic, communication is a vital tool that can help you achieve results.
Communication is something that we all do all the time. But communicating effectively in a way that helps to achieve the results you want, requires specialised knowledge of communication science and science communication. My expertise in these fields will complement your scientific expertise to maximise the potential of reaching your goals.
What kind of projects can I help with?
I can help you with a wide range of topics that will benefit from a strategic communication plan. Here are some examples:
- you want to position yourself as an expert in your field for a local community or for the media,
- you want a target audience or a stakeholder to do something with or act on the knowledge from your research,
- you want to inform a particular or general public about your science or opinion about a topic and need a media or content strategy,
- and many more.
What can I do for you
- Together we will discuss what the answers are to the fundatmental questions that I mentioned at the beginning: who, what, where, when, why and how?
- We will discuss what part of parts of the project or problem you want me to work on and when it should be delivered.
- I will give you an obligation-free quote for my work.
- If you decide you want to work with me, we will agree on further details. I will deliver my advice at the agreed date. It will usually be in the form of a strategic communication plan, but it can also take another form if you need it. As the best plans are consise, my plan will usually comprise of a few A4 pages and cover the advice, the argumentation for it and a step-by-step action plan.
How do I work
- My advice is not only based on my 25+ years of experience in the field. It is well-researched and based on scientific studies in the fields of communication science and science communication. I am a strong supporter of the evidence-based science communication initiative.
- If you are not happy with my work, I will not charge you for it.
- Be aware that I provide you with well-researched and well-considered strategic advice, but I am not the person who will carry out the advice or be the project leader. There are other people better equipped to help you in the tactical, execution phase of a project. I can help you find the right people to assist you with that. Also, if I don’t think I am the right person to help you, I will tell you and suggest some alternatives that you can try.